2008년 12월 31일 수요일

#1 How do I relate to faith? How did Don Richardson relate to faith? How do the Sawi relate to faith?

What is faith? I believe faith is a complete, unconditional reliance on a being or thought that sets priorities and thus guides my life. I have several faiths in my life – in education, love, and, most importantly, God. I base on my life on faith. As I have faith in education, I strive to learn as much as possible because I think that knowledge is power. As I have faith in love, I believe that I am ought to care about people I love with sincerity. As I have faith in God, I try to live according to the teachings of God as written in the Bible. Faith in my life is a guidebook that leads me to right directions. It is the source of my motivation in my life. When faith motivates me to certain directions, I listen to my faith and live toward the directions given by my faith.

Likewise, Don Richardson listened to his faith and challenged himself to live among the primitive tribe called Sawi in order to spread the gospels of God. He had firm faith in God that allowed him to take courage in his decision. Living with a tribe like Sawi is a courageous decision to make because there are dangers that would threaten his life. However, with his ardent faith in God, Don Richardson not only lived with the Sawi tribe but also learned their language and culture in attempt to spread Christianity among the Sawi tribe. He demonstrated his faith through action. He, also, lived according to his faith.

In addition, the Sawi tribesmen also related faith to their lives. Before the arrival of Don Richardson and his wife, they lived according to their values – honoring treachery and practicing cannibalism. Nevertheless, after Don Richardson’s success in implanting passionate faith in God to the Sawi tribe, the tribesmen of Sawi praised the Lord and chose to live differently. The values that they based their lives upon changed and thus their lifestyle also changed. Their new faith in God led them to be transformed.

Hence, it is evident in our lives that faith is something that lead us to certain directions. It is observable that our lives are inevitably based upon faith because faith will motivate us to live our lives in particular ways. Without faith, there is no purpose in life. Only through faith will we breathe and strive to live.

댓글 없음: